I always say half the fun of camping is eating. In the beginning I struggled a bit in figuring out what to bring besides loading up on granola or trail-mix. I’ve learned from trial and error that there are a few bites that are easy to make and fulfilling at the same time.
Here are my favorite camping meals:
1. Breakfast Wraps – This is my usual go to breakfast meal. It’s usually eaten during our drive on the way to our camping site. I usually put this together the night before with ingredients consisting of avocado, scrambled eggs, onions, tomatoes and cucumbers (a sprinkle of salt and pepper). Then, I roll them up into a wheat wrap. You can add any sauce as an option.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use dark chocolates)
3. Chocolate Coconut Bars – A gluten free snack that I keep going back to. In a mere of 20 min. you can enjoy these delicious bars fresh out of the oven. See the recipe here.
4. No Bake Energy Bites – 10 min. and no baking involved? I mean, yummm! See the recipe here.
If you have any other suggestions, feel free to comment below 🙂