For the local foreigners. See if you relate to some of these.
You Know You’re in Milan When….
- Riding a bike in 4″ heels is a skill.
- Your cooking skills improve.
- Coffees come in small sizes.
- You cross the street without waiting for the traffic light to turn green.
- You share the sidewalk with grannies, grandpas, strollers, dogs, bicyclists and scooters…oh, watch out for the poop!
- You spend time at the grocery store picking out different bags for all of the recycling bins. Clear bags are cool!
- Smoking is a thing.
- Water is drinkable from the faucet but, everyone still buys water at the store. Is the water from the faucet really clean or not?
- You have at least 1 Italian friend who has a house at a nearby lake or in the mountains.
- You meet at least 1 person who works in the Fashion industry.
- Saturday becomes your day to do errands because Sundays most shops are closed (i.e. Esselunga).
- The same goes for Mondays.
- Fun starts between 7-10pm for aperitivo.
14. Gellaterias are on point.
15. Food is on point.
16. Fashion companies know how to throw a party.
17. The museums are awesome.
18. Amazed at the servers who speaks multiple languages.
19. Design Week & Fashion Week is pretty awesome.
20. Feeling lucky that your new adventure is only a few hours away.