As I settled back into the familiarity of home after my whirlwind trip to Cinque Terre, my thoughts were consumed by the breathtaking beauty and charming villages I had encountered. Despite only being gone for 4 days, it felt as though I had experienced a lifetime’s worth of memories.
But then it dawned on me, the thought that had been lurking in the back of my mind, that all of the sights, sounds, and flavors of this picturesque region could be savored in just two days. And that realization left me feeling a sense of elation, knowing that others could experience the same magic of Cinque Terre in a more concise time frame.
For those of you who prefer to pack in as much adventure as possible, this is your calling. This trip to Cinque Terre is the perfect combination of a quick escape and a lifetime’s worth of memories. From the vibrant villages perched atop cliffs, to the glistening waters of the Mediterranean, there is something for everyone to enjoy. So why not grab a loved one, pack your bags, and get ready for a trip of a lifetime in just two unforgettable days!
Here are my suggestions:
1. Pick an island as your main base. We made a spontaneous decision to book our hotel in La Spetzia and boy, did fate deliver! Our hotel was located mere steps away from the bustling train station and offered a complimentary breakfast to start each day off right. With the perfect location, we were able to fully immerse ourselves in the island’s charm and culture, making memories that will last a lifetime.
2. Once you arrive, find the Information Center. As soon as you step off the train, make your way to the Information Center – ours was conveniently located just outside the station. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to unlock a world of possibilities with the purchase of the coveted 2-day pass. This versatile ticket grants you unlimited access to hop on and off the train, as well as all buses, hiking trails, and even bathroom facilities. Trust us, this is a must-have for any adventurer looking to fully immerse themselves in the island’s offerings.
3. Select the island you want to see first. My friend and I eagerly chose Vernazza, the gem of Cinque Terre known for its breathtaking beauty and charming simplicity. With rain in the forecast for our week-long trip, we sought out a destination that could be explored in a short amount of time, yet still leave us with memories to last a lifetime. And Vernazza did not disappoint! Its charming cobblestone streets, crystal-clear waters, and lush hillside vistas left us in awe and cemented it as the perfect starting point for our Italian adventure.
4. Allocate your time. While some may choose to soak up the sun and dive into the crystal-clear waters, for those seeking a more active experience, Cinque Terre is the perfect destination. With the freedom to spend at least two hours in each island, you’ll have ample time to discover the hidden gems and experience the rich culture that defines this region. So come on, let’s make memories that will last a lifetime, one island at a time!”
5. Enjoy! Never forget to have fun.